The Visual Word

Friday, December 15, 2006

A wealth of visual images which tell the Bible Story: Henry Martin Collection

So, what are the sites which one can visit for great images?

I am going to start with my favourite site which is found someplace in the UK from the canvas of Rev Henry Martin. Read what he says about himself:

I am a Christian who enjoys painting and sketching in free moments. I also enjoy hill walking with my dog. I am a vicar and usually can be found in St James, Higher Broughton, Salford, UK. I have been here 3 years now and love it! (Salford is very to near Manchester in the North of England.) Being a vicar in the Church of England is a fantastic job since I can combine my love of Jesus with my habit of doodling cartoons.

I am passionate in my belief that God is alive and full of life – and that we who are privileged to share his good news must try to express his life and liveliness in every possible way. My best attempts are these pictures – please use them if they help liven your sermons, kids talks or school assemblies (but not for financial profit) and point more people to the glorious joy of God.


Peter Preaching on Pentecost (Acts 2:14-41)

Rev Martin's pictures are great watercolors and he has even prepared a series of Powerpoint slides which allow you to down them for immediate use. What I really like about them is that you can tell complete stories using visuals which come in a set. I have found in the past that it is really difficult to find digital images of high quality which enable you to do that. I find some websites or powerpoint presentations are comprised of images of a peculiar spatio-temporal location interspersed with those of another location. That becomes very confusing for the listener/viewer.

Thanks Rev Martin for your contribution to education within the church!
URL: http://sermons4kids.com/hmartin.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home